Taking that cooked ham, smoking it to temperature, and applying this glaze will really take your Holiday meal to the next level! This Double Smoked Spiral Ham is a show stopper and will make your guests’ jaws hit the floor.
- 1 10 lb ham spiral cut
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup raspberry chipotle BBQ sauce
- Heat up smoker to 275°F.
- Remove ham from all packaging and transfer to a chicken tray, cut-side-down. Then place on a cooking tray and transfer to the smoker. Close the lid and cook for 2 hours.
- Heat up saucepan over medium heat. Add apple jelly and stir well, until it reaches a liquid consistency.
- Add raspberry chipotle. Stir in and bring glaze to a simmer. Leave saucepan onwarm heat until ham is ready.
- After two hours, transfer ham to a shallow aluminum pan. Apply the glaze to ham generously using a basting brush. Make sure all cracks on ham surfaceare glazed.
- Still in a shallow pan, put ham back in smoker. Close the lid and leave to smoke for over 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from smoker and transfer to a cutting board. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut along the outer seam of the ham, allowing the slices to fall away.