Skip to content
May 04, 2019
Fire Spiced Shrimp
- 1 pound of extra large raw whole wild shrimp
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Preheat your Z Grill on High.
- While grill is preheating, remove the shrimp shells, leaving the heads.
- Butterfly shrimp by using a knife to cut each shrimp down the middle, from the head down to the tail.
- Remove the vein, rinse off the shrimp and lightly dry off with paper towels.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl, sprinkle with all the seasonings and the oil.
- Mix together, ensuring the mixture evenly covers each shrimp.
- Using a skewer, impale the whole body of a shrimp, from head to tail. (Wrap them in aluminum foil if using wooden skewers).
- Place the whole shrimp on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side (Or until shells turns pink and the shrimp is opaque).
- Serve with your favorite sauce or condiment.