You don't have to have an oven to make a cobbler! This quintessential fall dessert is even better with that touch of wood-fired flavor you can only get from your smoker.
- 7–8 Granny Smith Apples peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick melted butter
- Peel and quarter apples. Place the apple quarters in a large bowl, add 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, toss to coat apples, and let sit for 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill to 350 °F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs, and salt. Stir to combine into small crumbles.
- Place apples in an iron skillet, top with crumble batter mixture, and drizzle with melted butter.
- Cook in smoker or grill for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until brown.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.