This grilled asparagus is a simple barbecue side dish but has a savory, mouth-watering twist and complements your barbeque feast. It uses fresh asparagus, a simple seasoning, butter patties, and a hot grill to take the natural flavor of the asparagus and elevate it.
- 1 pound asparagus, ends cut off or peeled and washed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- Preheat your grill to 375-400 °F.
- Fold up a little foil tray with raised sides. Or use a small baking pan with sides that is secure.
- Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus, and wash well. Let dry, and then toss with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the seasonings evenly on the asparagus, and lay in a single layer on a foil tray or baking tray.
- Top with pats of butter, and grill over medium heat until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- Toss lightly in the butter that has melted at the bottom of the tray, and serve immediately.