These ultra-simple grilled carrots with honey glaze have a little char along with great color and sweetness. This grilled side dish will quickly become a standard on your grill.
- 2 carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil - for brushing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat your wood pellet grill to about 350-450 °F.
- Prep the carrots. Scrub well or peel. Cut off the root and skinny tip. If the carrots are thicker than ¾ inch, cut in half lengthwise.
- Make a glaze by mixing 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds to get hot and stir to combine the sugar.
- Give the carrots a good brush of olive oil including the cut ends. Don't brush with glaze yet.
- Grill the carrots directly on the well-oiled grates. Flip the carrots every 5 minutes or so.
- After about 10 minutes, brush with the honey solution. Flip and brush again.
- Grill until the carrots reach an internal temp of over 190 °F in the thickest part and tender, about 5-10 minutes.