These easy grilled cauliflower steaks are a great veggie entrée option. It makes an amazing low-carb side dish to pair with any of your barbecued or grilled proteins.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tsp parsley for garnish chopped
- Heat your Z Grills pellet smoker to about 350 °F.
- Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower head. Cut off the stem a little, so it can be placed flat on a surface.
- Resting the cauliflower on the stem cut the head into 2 very thick or 3 more moderate “steaks.” Reserve side or small pieces that break off in a small bowl.
- Brush the olive oil evenly all over the cauliflower steak.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower carefully on the grill, close the lid, and let it cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the bottom is beginning to char. Flip the cauliflower, then close the grill lid and grill it for another 5 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- After 5 minutes, take the cauliflower from the grill. Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired. Serve immediately.