Savory, spicy, and smoky, these Grilled Chipotle BBQ Chicken Skewers are the perfect summer dinner option. The chicken is skewered up with veggies and bacon, then basted with spicy BBQ sauce until cooked to tasty perfection.
- 1 cup spicy BBQ sauce
- 3 chipotle peppers
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- Olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 thick-cut bacon strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 3/4 to 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 3/4 to 1 inch pieces
- Bamboo skewers
Garnish: freshly chopped garnish
- Preheat the grill and lightly oil the grates.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 10 to 15 minutes before skewering to avoid them burning as much.
- Add all ingredients for the sauce to a blender. Blend until they are combined well.
- Cut chicken into 3/4-inch bite-sized pieces. Cut bacon into 3/4-inch strips.
- Thread bacon (folding the bacon in half before skewering), chicken, peppers, and onion onto the skewers, alternating as you go.
- Arrange the skewers on the grill grate and cook for 10 minutes, turning every few minutes. Baste the skewers with BBQ sauce on all sides. Continue to baste and turn the skewers every minute or so to caramelize.
- The chicken is cooked through when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F. The bacon should be nice and crispy at this point.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.