This grilled stuffed jalapenos poppers recipe is a healthy, fresh alternative to the popular breaded and fried version. If you’re looking to keep your stuffed jalapeno poppers vegetarian-friendly, you can eliminate the bacon or replace it with coarsely chopped nuts, like smoked almonds or toasted pecans.
- Prep time:30 mins
- Cooking time:30 mins
- Total time:1 hr
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down each pepper while keeping the stem intact
- Remove membranes and seeds from peppers.
- Fill each pepper with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Prepare your Z Grill to grill at 325 degrees.
- Place peppers in a disposable foil pan.
- Grill peppers, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and serve warm.