There is nothing like a burst of lemon flavor when biting into a piece of freshly grilled salmon. And the added wood-fire smoke fits for anyone who loves the wild.
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon with skin
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- lemon slices for the garnish
- Set the temperature to 325 °Fand preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, softened unsalted butter, dill, parsley, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Generously slather the top of the salmon fillet with the mixture and top with a slice of lemon. You may allow marinating for about 10 minutes or so to absorb the mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on the hot grill grate, skin-side facing down.
- Cook the salmon for 20 to 25 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 °Fand flakes easily, or until the salmon is cooked to your preferred taste.
- Serve with lemon slices. Enjoy!