Once you try the reverse sear cooking method on some ribeye steaks, you would never cook steaks any other way. Low and slow cooking creates the best flavors. And then hot and fast searing at the end locks in those mouthwatering flavors.
- 2 thick cut ribeyes (1 1/2 inch thick)
- kosher salt, pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Set your Z Grills wood pellet grill and smoker to the smoke setting.
- Season the steaks on all sides with kosher salt and pepper.
- Put the steaks on the smoker for 40 to 50 minutes. For medium steaks, cook until the internal temp of the steak reaches around 115 °F.
- Preheat a flat top griddle or cast iron skillet over high heat. Add the canola oil and the steaks. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- For medium steaks, remove the steak when its internal temp reaches 155 °F. Increase or decrease cook times as needed for steak temperature preferences.
- Let the steaks rest for a few minutes before serving.