Smoky, juicy, and incredibly tender, these slow smoked pork steaks are the hidden treasure of BBQ. All you need is smoke and a simple sauce to experience the best smoked pork steaks of your life!
- 3 1.5" Thick Pork Steaks, Cut from a Bone-in Pork Shoulder
- 3 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 cup BBQ Rub
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar OR Sugar in the raw
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 3 tbsp Honey or Agave Syrup
- Set your pellet smokerto 250 °F.
- Apply a thin coat of yellow mustard to each pork steak and season both sides with the BBQ rub.
- Place the seasoned pork steaks on the smoker and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove thepork steaks from the grill and place them in a foil pan.
- Add the butter, honey, BBQ sauce, sugar to the foil pan and mix them with the pork steaks.
- Cover the foil pan tightlywith foil and return tothe smoker.
- Cook for anadditional 2-3 hoursuntil the pork is fork tender.
- Remove the pan from the grill.Cover the steaks with the juices from the pan and enjoy!