Perfectly smoked duck meat is tender and incredibly juicy. It also packs some serious flavor. A bite of the smoked duck will leave you wanting more!
- 2 boneless duck breasts
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tbsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the juice with all the salt, sugar and spices until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Place the duck in a dish and pour in the brine. Turn the duck a couple times to coat it evenly. Cover the dish with plastic wrapand refrigeratethe duck marinate for 4 hours.
- Set the pellet smoker to 250°F.
- Place the duck breast on the smokerrack.
- Smoke the duck for around 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150°F.