A kiss of real wood smoke gives almonds a classic flavor. These smoked almonds are such an easy, healthy, and delicious snack that makes you unable to stop eating.
- pound raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, Plus one teaspoon
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 225 °F.
- Place almonds into a baking dish or onto a cookie sheet and place into the smoker for one hour. Stir after the first hour and continue smoking one more hour.
- After two hours of smoking, add the olive oil and salt to the dish and stir.
- Return the almonds to the smoker, close the lid, and smoke one additional hour.
- Remove from smoker and then add the teaspoon of salt and mix. Serve warm.