Give your traditional Apple Pie a welcome upgrade by adding a lightly smoked flavor to it. This Smoked Apple Pie is the perfect ending to your meal and will turn into your family's fall favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 0.3 lbs of butter melted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 0.9-lb tin of pie apples
- sugar & cinnamon for dusting
- Fire up the Z Grills smoker to 350 °F.
- Combine the self-raising flour, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl until a golden dough texture is formed.
- Spread half the mixture in a pie dish and press the bottoms and up the sides of the dish.
- Pour pie apple tin into the pie and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixture over the top of the apple evenly and place in the Z Grills smoker.
- Leave for 45 minutes or until the golden crust forms on the top.
- Dust with cinnamon and a little sugar if desired.
- Serve warm with custard, ice cream, or both.