Chuck Roast can be a fantastic choice for smoking whether you're a pro or just a backyard novice. This Smoked Beef Pot Roast recipe is also great for beginners and delivers incredible results every time!
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Drizzle roast with maple syrup and apply rub.
- Randomly insert garlic chunks into roast approximately 1-2" deep.
- After initial warmup/skoming of the grill, increase temp to 450°F.
- Set roast on grate in roast pan and fill bottom 1/2" with beef brothand red wine.
- Roast at 450 °F for about 30 minutes.
- Remove roast.
- Drop cooking temp to 225°F.
- Replace the roast and cook your desired temp. 130°F for med rare.
- Tent for 5-10 minutes and slice away.