Smoking is one of the best ways to develop the natural flavors in beef. For this deliciously tender, juicy, and smoke-infused beef roast, all you need is a little bit of salt and pepper, a little bit of injected beef broth, and a kiss of smoke.
- 12 oz beef broth
- 6 lbs eye of round beef roast
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp celery salt
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your Z Grills Pellet Smoker to 225 °F.
- Mix the beef broth, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce in a mixing bowl. Fill your meat injector with the mixture.
- Mix the seasonings in a spice bottle and apply the rub all over the roast, making sure to coat the whole roast evenly.
- Place the beef roast in the foil pan, fat side up. Using the meat injector, inject the liquid into all areas of the beef roast. Fill the bottom of the pan with the remaining liquid.
- Place the pan in the smoker and let it cook for 3 hours, basting with the juices in the pan every hour or so.
- After 3 hours, start checking the roast for the desired internal temperature (Rare: 135 °F, Medium Rare: 145 °F, Medium: 155 °F, Well Done: 170 °F).
- Remove from the grill and the pan, and let the roast rest for 20 to 30 minutes before slicing.
- Slice against the grain and enjoy!