Our simple smoking method makes it easy for even a novice cook to produce perfectly smoked, tender, and flavorful beef roast. A dry rub and tasty sauce are included.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 20 minutes
- 3 lb beef roast, rump, sirloin, top, or chuck
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce to rub down
- Preheat your smoker to 215°F.
- Mix the salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic, and onion powders.
- Give the roast a good rub down with Worcestershire sauce before applying the spice rub.
- When the smoker temperature is 215°F, place the roast into the smoker. The roast is ready to come out when its internal temperature is between 145°F to 155 °F.
- Let the roast rest for 20 minutes, covered with foil, before slicing.
- Sprinkling a little salt on the slices before serving them to help brighten up the beef’s flavors.