Get ready to enjoy the smoked beef short ribs that have a perfect balance of beefy flavor, smokey flavor, tenderness, succulent bark on the outside.
- PREP TIME : 15 mins
- COOK TIME : 8 hrs
- RESTING TIME : 30 mins
- TOTAL TIME : 8 hrs 45 mins
- 4 pounds beef short ribs (individually cut)
- Yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet smoker to 225°F.
- Mix the pepper, kosher salt, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Remove the membrane off the bone side of the short ribs is optional.
- Rub the short ribs on all sides with mustard.
- Liberally apply the seasoning mixture on all sides.
- Place the short ribs in the smoker and smoke for 4-5 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 203°F. Measure at a middle point of the beef that is away from the bone.
- After the ribs reach the desired internal temperature, remove them from the smoker. Let them rest for 10 minutes, then serve.