Beef Tenderloin, smoked low and slow and then finished hot and fast over high heat. Make it at Christmas, Valentine's Day, or any gathering that you're looking to impress.
- PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
- REST TIME: 25 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME: Approx. 2 HOURS
- 1 beef tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons garlic butter, melted
- Fire up your Z Grills pellet smoker to 250 °F with oak pellets.
- Trim and tie beef tenderloin (if needed).
- In a small bowl, mix kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Rub all over the surface of the beef tenderloin.
- Place beef tenderloin on grill for about 90 minutes or until internal temperature of meat reaches 125 °F.
- Once tenderloin reaches 125 °F, let it rest for 10 minutes while you raise the smoker’s temp to 400 °F. Sear the tenderloin on all sides for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Brush tenderloin with melted garlic herb butter and let the beef rest for 15 minutes before slicing.