Chicken and beer are a natural pairing. This easy BBQ beer can chicken recipe is easy to make, impressive to serve. With tender flavorful meat inside and crispy smoky flavored skin on the outside, it will be the most satisfying bird you’ve ever had.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp dill
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can beer
- Preheat your smoker to 350 °F. Wash and take everything out of the cavity of the chicken. Blot dry with a paper towel.
- Spray or rub olive oil on the outside of thechicken. In a bowl, mix all other ingredients together (except beer).
- Rub this mixture on the outside of your chicken.
- Fill the chicken stand with beer(takesabout 3/4 of your can of beer).
- Place chicken on top of the chicken stand. Once your smoker reaches 350 °F, place it in the center making sure it is flat and won’t tip over(you can lean the chicken against the upper rack).
- Allow the chicken to cook for 2 hours or until the internal temperatureofthe chicken reaches at least 165 °F.
- Remove from the grill and the stand and let rest 5-10 minutes before carving. Serve. Enjoy!