Once you tried this smoked cheese burger, you’ll never go back to regular old burgers again. The patty is smoked to juicy perfection, and the toasted bun has crispy edges and great char.
- 1 ½ Pounds Ground Beef Chuck 80/20
- 4 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Burger Buns
- Assorted Burger Toppings
Smoked Burger Seasoning:
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1. Preheat your Z Grills wood-fired grillto 225 °F.
- 2. Shape your ground beef into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch larger in diameter than your burger buns.
- 3. In a small bowl combine the Kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper, and garlic powder.Evenly sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of your burger patties.
- 4. Place the seasoned patties on the grill and smoke for up to 1 hour, or until the internal temperature of the pattiesreaches 135 °F.
- 5. Increase theheatin your grill to at least 400 °F. Sear the burger patties for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Add cheese after the first flip.
- 6. Check the temperature of your burger patties for desired doneness. The FDA recommends 165 °Ffor a well done burger.
- 7. Remove the burger patties and toast the buns over high heat. Assemble your smoked burgers on your toasted buns with any desired toppings.Serve immediately.