What could be more satisfying than that first bite of a perfectly cooked, warm chocolate chip cookie? Soft, chewy, and slightly smoky, these smoked chocolate chip cookies will surprise you and your family.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Cream your butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed for about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the butter is creamed, add the eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing for an additional minute.
- Put flour, salt, and baking soda in a sifter. Sift it into your creamed butter mixture.
- Scrape the sides of your mixing bowl with a rubber spatula, and then turn your mixer on to low speed.
- Let it mix a little, and then scrape the sides again. Stop mixing when there are one or two streaks of flour left in the cookie dough.
- Scrape the sides of your bowl and pour in a cup of chocolate chips, and turn the mixer to low again to mix the chocolate. It should take just a few turns for the chocolate pieces to be well incorporated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tbsp), drop evenly spaced dollops of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Preheat your smoker to 350 °F. Place the cookie sheet in your smoker, and let them cook for about 12 minutes.
- Let them sit on a cooling rack while you continue to cook the additional cookies.
- Cool for a few minutes to let cookies set.