Deer jerky at its finest. This excellent venison jerky recipe is an easy way to turn your deer meat into something tasty and fun to eat.
- PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 3 HOURS
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS 30 MINUTES
- 2 LB Venison Roast
- 1/4 Cup Organic Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Slice your roast into 1/4" slices.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the organic soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, maple syrup, black pepper and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the marinade over the sliced deer roastin a zip lock bag. Make sure that all the meat is covered with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat your pellet smoker to about 180°F (we suggest hickory pellets).
- Remove the roast from the marinade and wipe off the excess.
- Arrange the meat in a single layer directly on the grill grate. Smoke for about 3-4 hours (check the meat after 2 hours).
- Allow jerky to completely cool before storing in a tightly closed container for up to 2 months.