For everyone who loves barbecue, there is nothing like the flavor of a smoked pork butt. The softness of the meat and the incredible smokiness will make everyone’s mouth water.
- 9-pound pork butt
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup coarse black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Bring pork butt to room temperature (leave it overnight, covered).
- Bring the temperature of the smoker to 275°F.
- Place a water pan into the smoker. Keep the pan filled as it will evaporate through the smoking process.
- Place all the seasonings in a bowl and mix well until combined.
- Rub the pork butt down with olive oil.
- Generously sprinkle the seasoning mixture over one side of the pork butt at a time and pat down. Rotate the pork butt and repeat until the entire pork butt is covered in seasoning.
- Place pork inside the smoker, fat side up, and smoke at 275°F consistently for 4.5 hours. Remember to fill the water pan as needed.