This Smoked Ribeye Roast is a celebration on its own! It is a special weekend meal at any time of the year.
FOR THE ROAST:
- 4 to 5 pound Ribeye Roast
- Sea salt
- Avocado oil
FOR THE RUB:
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.Trim the excess fat off the top of your roast and season generously all over with sea salt.
- 2.Preheat yoursmoker to 180°F.
- While your smoker is coming to temperature, heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once your pan is hot, sear the roast on all sides, until it is caramelized and a nice crust has formed.
- Let the roast cool and mix up the spice rub.
- Coat the ribeye roast liberally on all sides with the spice rub.
- Place the rib roast bone side down on the smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches 140°F (for medium rare).
- Remove it from the smoker, tent it with foil, and let it rest for 30 minutes before slicing.