Smoking a delicious hunk of meat doesn’t have to take all day or involve ingredients you’ve never heard of. This smoked rump roast recipe is as quick as it is simple (in under 2 hours), with only 4 household ingredients making an appearance.
- 3 pounds rump roast (or bottom round roast)
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat your smoker to 250 °F.
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and coat the rump roast evenly with seasonings on all sides.
- Place roast into the smoker.
- Cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees (or your desired level of doneness; rare: 135 °F, medium rare: 145 °F, medium: 155 °F, well done: 170 °F)
- Remove rump roast from the smoker and let it rest for 10 minutesbefore slicing.
- Slicethinly and serve.