This Smoked Tri Tip is an easy and impressive main course that’s great for feeding a crowd!
- 1 Tri Tip Roast
- 3 tablespoons brisket rub or Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Season the tri tip with the rub and allow the rub to melt into the meat for one hour.
- Set your pellet grill to the Smoke Setting.
- Smoke the tri tip on "Smoke" for one hour.
- Raise the temperature of the pellet grill to 250°F.
- Cook another 30-45 minutes until an internal temperature of 130°F is reached.
- Remove the tri tip from the smoker and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice the tri tip across the grain while watching for the shifting grain structure.