Smoky, meaty, sweet, this smoked trout plays well with all sorts of different beverages. It’s easy to make in your backyard, tastes better than those store-bought, and will wow your guests. What more can you ask for?
- 6 rainbow trout fillets
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cups cool water
- For the brine, dissolvethekosher salt and brown sugar in water.
- Place the trout filletsin the brine, skin side up, and brine the fillets for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your pellet smoker to 180 °F.
- Remove the trout from the brine and transfer it to the grillgrates.
- Smoke the trout for 1.5to 2 hourswith the lid closed, depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- Smoke until the trout reaches an internal temperature of 145 °F, oruntil the trout flakes easily.
- Remove the trout from the smoker and serve warm, or let it cool completely and serve chilled with your favorite accouterments.