- 1 or more whole chickens
- 3 tbsp of rub for each whole chicken
- Preheat your smoker grill to 250 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken under cold water. Trim any excess skin or fat around the neck area or in and around the cavity of the bird.
- Tie the legs together using kitchen string or butcher's twine. If desired, fold the wings back and under the back. This is not necessary, but nice for the presentation.
- Generously rub the bird with the spice rub. Make sure all areas are covered.
- Place the birds on the grill racks and leave in the smoker until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. This takes about 3-5 hours, depending on the quantity of food you grill.
- Let the chicken rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.