Skip to content
May 04, 2019
Z Grilled Carne Asada
- 1 1/2 to 2 pound skirt steak
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Use a fork to poke holes in the skirt steak, covering both sides.
- Place lime juice, brown sugar, cilantro, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, chili powder, garlic, cumin, and salt in bowl
- Mix ingredients in bowl
- Place the skirt steak in a large zip bag.
- Pour the marinade over the steak.
- Zip the bag and shake to coat the steak on all sides.
- Let steak rest at room temperature for at least 1 hour and no longer than 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 375 degrees.
- Grill steaks for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once for medium-rare.
- Remove steaks and allow to rest for 5 minutes.